MS4W - MapServer 4 Windows - version 2.2.3
Welcome to MS4W v2.2.3, the MapServer package for Windows. This package is intended
to simplify your life if you are:
- a novice MapServer user with little knowledge (or time) to compile
MapServer from scratch.
- interested in one of the MS4W addon packages and looking to avoid
- any MapServer user who needs a quick and dirty installation on Windows.
In any of these cases, and probably more, MS4W can help you. However, a few
notes about this package:
- This is not a true installer, it will not modify any file or registry
setting outside of the MS4W directory.
- Since it is not a true installer, it will not install to any location. It
*** MUST *** be installed at the root of one of the drives
on your system.
- The MS4W addon packages must be extracted at the same root as the base
installer, and files must be overwritten.
MS4W contains default installations of Apache, PHP, MapServ, MapScript (CSharp, Java, PHP, Python)
and some sample applications. It is structured in such a way as to facilitate
upgrading individual components without messing up the rest of the install.
The base installer package comes pre-configured with the following software:
- Apache 2.2.4
- PHP 5.2.1
- mapserv 4.10.1 at /cgi-bin/mapserv.exe
- mapscript 4.10.1 flavours:
- php_mapscript.dll (phpinfo)
- CSharp mapscript at \ms4w\Apache\cgi-bin\mapscript\csharp
- Java mapscript at \ms4w\Apache\cgi-bin\mapscript\java
- Python mapscript at \ms4w\Apache\cgi-bin\mapscript\python
- mapserv utils at \ms4w\tools\mapserv\ which include:
- legend.exe MapServer utility documentation
- shptree.exe (execute \ms4w\setenv.bat before using mapserv utilities)
- GDAL/OGR utilities at \ms4w\tools\gdal-ogr\ which include:
- PROJ.4 utilities at \ms4w\proj\bin\ which include:
- cs2cs.exe usage
- geod.exe usage
- nad2bin.exe usage (execute \ms4w\setenv.bat before using proj utilities)
- nad2nad.exe usage
- proj.exe usage
- Shapelib utilities at \ms4w\tools\shapelib\ which include:
- dbfadd.exe Shapelib utility documentation
- shpcreate.exe (execute \ms4w\setenv.bat before using shapelib utilities)
- Shpdiff utility at \ms4w\tools\shpdiff\ which includes:
- shpdiff.exe (execute \ms4w\setenv.bat before using shpdiff.exe)
- Shp2tile utility at \ms4w\tools\shp2tile\ which includes:
- shp2tile.exe (execute \ms4w\setenv.bat before using shp2tile.exe)
- OWTChart utility:
- OGR/PHP Extension (documentation) (phpinfo)
There is currently
1 ms4w application installed.
PhpPgAdmin 4.1 URLs:
phpPgAdmin getting help